Friday, February 27, 2009

And so it begins

I have been playing around with the idea of blogging for a while now. Really, since the Endicott Studio's Journal of Mythic Arts, where I was a staff reviewer, closed its doors. One of the things I loved best about reviewing was telling people about things that I loved. So now I will do that here. And there may be other things as well. If we're all lucky, there may be magic.

I may tell you about something new that I have read and loved, or share with you an old favorite. I may witter on, at appalling length, about writing my first novel or finishing my dissertation. Or the madness of attempting both at once. There may be interludes where I talk about music, or fencing, or whatever random shiny object has currently captured my fancy. You never know. 

But welcome in. Have a cup of tea. Stay a bit. And don't worry at all about those shapes in the shadows. I'm almost sure they're friendly.

5 comments:

  1. Fabulously exciting! The shadows don't scare me. They were probably attracted by the delicious smell of this cat egg omelet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is the thought of a cat egg omelet so oddly stomach churning?

    In any case, I feel as if the twinkly fairy is standing in the corner and nodding at me benevolently and saying, why, alright, you may have a Kat blog.

    hurrah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...pink.

    So pink!

    *loves*

    *is articulate at 1am, clearly. now she is being articulate all over the interwebs*

    This is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you're blogging. Thanks for the tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone. Glad you're here.

    ReplyDelete