Monday, March 30, 2009

At the intersection of life and art

I'm sick. I have a fever. This has done interesting things to my writing.

For example, I just picked up my dissertation chapter and discovered that instead of writing about the meaning of Julian of Norwich's vision of the Church through the wound in Christ's side, I wrote an extended conversation between Aislinn (the point of view character in my novel) and Joan of Arc (who is at least in the dissertation). They were discussing their swords.

No, I am not blogging that.

I believe that it's time to go back to bed.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry... Didn't mean to laugh so hard. But, it is funny. I can just see Aislinn and Joan drinking tea and comparing notes on swords. Also, visions vs. nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine such a conversation would be similar to runners talking about their running shoes.

    Or maybe not.

    I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no. It's totally funny. And yes, I am feeling better, thanks.

    ReplyDelete