Monday, April 13, 2009

One word at a time

Today, the work felt like work. 

I went through three more chapters on the revision, diligently taking notes and tweaking sentences for greater felicity. More of the note-taking than the felicity, really, as my effervescent prose was as bubbly as yesterday's champagne. And who made the rule that typos look even worse in double-spaced 12-point Courier?

The bright spot is that my brain is gearing up for the next novel. It has already started putting together the playlist for me -- music is going to be big in this next one. Not just in the writing of it, but in the story itself. I'm pretty excited. Apropos of that, if you know a great song about angels, the Devil, or a really cool cover version of anything, drop me a line in the comments.

But before the fun, come the revisions. To which I now return.

No comments:

Post a Comment