Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tentacles! Tentacles! Tentacles!

Do you want to read something fabulous? You know you do. So click on over to Conjunctions, and read the completely and utterly fabulous "Tentacle Mind Report," by Stefani Nellen. This story blew me away when Steffi workshopped it at Clarion, and is now even better. Be warned: you won't easily stop thinking about this one.

And yes, I'm biased, as Steffi was one of my wonderful roommates. She regularly braved the horrors of the Canyon Vista Bad Breakfast with me, provided much-needed infusions of French-press coffee and sanity, and did our apartment's laundry every week. But my bias doesn't negate the fact that she is an extraordinarily talented writer. You'll want to be able to say you read her when. 

1 comment:

  1. Tentacles indeed!

    Thanks so much for linking to my story. You're very, very kind, and I think so fondly of our cohabitation and your indulgence of my laundry fetish.