Monday, June 15, 2009

A brief miscellany

Chapter One of Cat Valente's novel, The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making, is live. Honestly, I fell in love at the chapter title, "Exuent, on a Leopard," but the chapter lives up to the promise. The writing is rich with detail, and allusion, and just my sort of thing. New chapters will go live every Monday. If you love what you read, and can afford to pay Cat for her work, please do so.

Another wildly exciting bit of serial fiction on the web is Shadow Unit. It's currently in the second season, and is written by the exceedingly talented Emma Bull, Elizabeth Bear, and Sarah Monette. The site's own introduction explains exactly what it is better than I can, so I'll just say that it is fabulous, and so well done. The Season One finale absolutely broke my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment