Sunday, August 16, 2009

The kind of review I want someday

A couple of days ago, one of my friends called. She had an errand to run, and her six-year-old daughter, Sierra, wasn't feeling well. Could I please come over for about twenty minutes and sit with her?

I said that was fine. On my way out the door, I grabbed a book to read to Sierra: Crazy Hair, by Neil Gaiman, with utterly fabulous illustrations by Dave McKean. She loved it.

A couple of days later, I was walking my dog past their house. Sierra came up, slipped her hand into mine, and said, "Could that book we read come and live at my house, please?"

2 comments:

  1. Awww...!

    Also, you must be a really nice and patient reader to kids.

    Of course, you gave it away to her, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, her Mom and I had been talking about DreamHaven Books, so they went there so she could pick out her own copy, as well as some other wonderful books.

    ReplyDelete