Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Be part of something amazing! Win fabulous prizes!

Would you like a chance to help make the world a better place and to win fabulous prizes while doing so? I bet you would. And you can, by participating in this year's Worldbuilders fundraiser for Heifer International.

It's basically a great deal. You decide to donate to Heifer International, a great organization that helps people build lives for themselves, and you make your donation on the Worldbuilders page. Awesome, talented author Pat Rothfuss, and the co-sponsor of Worldbuilers, Subterranean Press, publisher of books that are not only good but absolutely gorgeous, will match 50% of your donation. That's right, you will do 50% more good than you had planned. Then you will be entered in a drawing for fabulous prizes (see the above link to Pat's blog for exactly how that bit works.) Or, you can choose to "buy" a fabulous prize directly with your donation. (Again, see the blog.)

I'm really excited about this. I think it's an amazing thing Pat (and Subterranean and the wonderful people who have donated items to the fundraiser) are doing. I'm not going to lie - one of my goals as a writer is to be able to donate something that will help raise lots of money someday. For now, I'll be contributing what I can afford, and I hope you will, too. And if you could pass the word on, that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment