Friday, May 14, 2010

Enjoy the silence

A week from today, I close on my house. Two weeks from today, I will be in Stony Brook, NY, at the home of a new colleague, where I will be house- and cat-sitting while I look for a new apartment. I am pretty much thrilled about both of those things.

But in the interim, I will be lo, very busy, with the packing of my life, and the discarding of some of its pieces. There will be the drive across the country, with the stop in New Hampshire, where I will unload many of my things in storage at my parents'. This means that for the next two weeks, blogging is going to be sporadic at best. Partially because of the travel, and partially because packing and all of the last minute things that I need to do here in the next week is zombifying my brain, and, much as I love all of you, if I only have the energy to write a little, it's going to be fiction, rather than blog. 

Twitter posts will be slightly more regular, because, hey! shorter. Although on days with driving, there will not be so many tweets, either (Mom is driving the U-Haul what has my stuff in it. I will be driving PugBug, with Sam I Am and his kitties as passengers.) I do not believe in tweeting while driving.

I'll be back, and I'll miss you while I'm gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment