Friday, May 28, 2010

Shed my skin

For most of my childhood, I thought I was going to be a marine biologist when I grew up. I spent four years in the marine chemistry program at my high school (Bellarmine Prep, Tacoma, WA) and loved it, and was accepted into the marine chemistry program at the University of Miami. I have a scuba license. I've swum next to sharks, with dolphins, and through a wreck 120 feet below the surface of the Pacific Ocean. I'm not Cousteau, but the ocean is home.

For nearly twelve years, I lived pretty much as far as a person on the North American continent could from salt water.

Today, I walked for five minutes, and found this. Standing there, I could feel my skin redrape itself over my bones, and fit correctly again.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous. As someone who drives past the sea, or at least a bay, every single day, I agree with the need for ocean.