Monday, May 24, 2010

Still alive

Yesterday evening we (me, my Mom, Sam I Am, three cats, and all of my worldly goods) arrived at my parents' beautiful home in New Hampshire. Moving was... well, we had to get a bigger truck, because no one would believe me when I said I had over sixty boxes of books, I broke my toe, and got food poisoning. But I also had lovely going away meals with many dear friends and received an amazing surprise care package from my wonderful friend Lauren. So the good outweighed the bad. And today, Mom, my brother Doug, and I unloaded all of my things. 

On Wednesday, I will load up the PugBug (the KatMobile?) with Sam I Am, cat Stella, and six weeks worth of my belongings, and drive to Long Island. One of my amazing new colleagues at Stony Brook is letting me house sit for six weeks. I'm looking forward to getting to know the area, and to getting some work done. And to resuming my normal, semi-regular blogging schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment