Saturday, June 26, 2010

How fickle my heart and how woozy my eyes

I have reached the point on the rewrite where I have become a shambling wraith. All of my interesting words are going down on paper, not being sent out here to the ether.  So if you want interesting words, I highly recommend you head over to Cat Valente's blog, where she is writing a series of 30 posts in 30 days. You might also visit The Style Rookie, which is ridiculously smart and articulate, and seriously, I love anyone who is that excited about nebula shorts.

You might listen to: 

Sigh No More, Mumford and Sons. I am predisposed to love anything using a Shakespeare quote for an album title. That it is part of one of my favorite quotes makes it even better (full marks if you can tell me the play without googling). But I really, really love this album. The lyrics are as if someone cracked open my soul and read what was inside.

The ArchAndroid, Janelle Monae. Along with Evelyn Evelyn, The ArchAndroid is making me reconsider my suspicion of concept albums. Enthusiasm for this album is sweeping SF fandom, among other places, and justifiably so. Intelligent music that makes me want to dance, and really, what could be better? 

You might watch:

This video. I have no great fondness for Ke$ha, but watching the original Star Trek with my family is a great childhood memory. (Yes, we're all geeks. Ask me about the Epic Christmas Lightsaber Battle.) So this mashup makes me so happy I cannot even tell you.


  1. that is one of my favorite memories too for some reason. I remember sitting in the orange chairs, always with the smell of mom cooking spaghetti and homemade garlic bread for some reason and watching star trek

  2. Yes! Exactly. Oh, the orange chairs...