Monday, June 7, 2010

So then this happened

In a week and a day, you will be able to walk into a bookstore and buy a book that has a story I wrote in it. Stories, the absolutely amazing anthology edited by Neil Gaiman and Al Sarrantonio, will be released on 15 June. 


I am really, really excited about this. "A Life in Fictions" was the first thing I ever sent out, my first sale, and a story I am really proud of. The fact that it is in this book, in such amazing company, makes me want to dance every time I think about it.


Also, on Tuesday, there will be a reading and panel and well, this.


I will be there, too. Reading and paneling, and trying to pretend I am not going out of my mind with OMG!WOW!


So if you're in New York next Tuesday, stop by. I'll be the red-head who can't stop smiling.

7 comments:

  1. *hugs*

    Is it too terribly awkward that I can't stop smiling now, either?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not awkward at all. Much appreciated, in fact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a review copy of Stories through Amazon Vine, and here is my way-too-long-what-the-heck-was-I-thinking-of review of it:
    http://www.amazon.com/review/RCKZOKMBBZBAN/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

    You're mentioned in there; certainly not the biggest review you'll ever get, but maybe the first?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karl - thank for for passing on the link. I'm so glad you liked the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going back to a previous post of yours - does this mean you are a "real" writer now? :-)

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete