Saturday, July 24, 2010

Holy Displacement Activities, Batman!

I washed the dishes. There is a load of laundry in the wash machine. I unpacked my DVDs. There are blueberry mascarpone muffins in the oven. I watched some episodes of Baman Piderman. 

Today. I did all those things today.

Oh, yes. It's time to revise That Chapter. 

The one that has been a thorn in my side (and a pain in various other places) since draft zero of Linger. It's an important chapter. A pivotal one, really. The place where things fall apart, and the center cannot hold, except that it must so that the book does not fall apart. One of the characters reacts to an event in a way I have very little sympathy for (and yes, I realize that is part of the problem, and I know why she reacts as she does. Doesn't mean I don't want to slap her.)

I know the only way around the problem is through, I just don't want to go through. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a cat to vacuum.

Or we could watch some more Batman. Holy Fourth Amendment!


  1. I know what you mean! I'm working through Those 2 Chapters in my WiP, and it's pretty awesomely amazing what I've found to distract myself from it. In fact, with my inlaws coming next week, I just might be able to set the book aside for four whole days ... and I'd better get the house ship-shape for them first!

  2. Ha! Yes. A clean house is a necessary component of a well-written chapter.

    Good luck.