Monday, July 26, 2010

Never go up against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line

Ah revisions. Er, rewriting. (You see what I did there?)


It is down to you, and it is down to me. I am now 50 pages away from the end of the manuscript of Linger. There are things I want to do this week (including going in to NYC for Joe Hill's signing at the 82nd St. Barnes and Noble on Thursday, where there will be advance copies of the latest volume of Locke & Key, Crown of Shadows. You are reading Locke & Key, right? Because I don't know if I can know you anymore if you aren't reading this evilly brilliant, gorgeous comic.) And I want to do those things in a state of semi-coherence, and oh, boy, just in case you couldn't tell from the exceedingly eloquent nature of this post so far, we are at the part of the rewriting of things where coherence is in really short supply.


My point, before I again plumb the depths of my word hoard, and layer some plot onto this thing, and make sure I have committed every possible act of cruelty against these characters, is, I'll see you on the other side.


Oh, and the Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't believe they actually exist.

1 comment:

  1. You duel there, I duel here...this chapter, she is Grave and Frightening and decidedly does have Rodents of Unusual Size hidden between the lines.

    But then, I am typing left handed.

    Revise like the wind!

    ReplyDelete