Thursday, August 5, 2010

That looks on tempests, and is never shaken

This is one of my favorite memories of my youngest brother. He is a lot younger than I am (I am the oldest of four, there are ten years between us), and aside from that, he was what you would call "young for his age" at the time. 

We were talking about dancing at my ill-fated wedding, and my Mom mentioned to him that there were gay couples going to be there, that he might see men dancing with each other, and that was fine, because everyone should get to dance with the person they love.

My brother thought about it for a moment, then said "And if they need to, they can dance with me. No one should have to dance alone."

"Proposition 8 fails to advance any rational basis in singling out gay men and lesbians for denial of a marriage license." Perry v. Schwarzenegger

1 comment: