Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Uncanny Beauty

I am exceedingly pleased to announce that Issue #356 of Weird Tales, Uncanny Beauty, is officially out. And I have a story in it. A very short story, "Beauty and Disappearance." It's about disappearing statues and, well, you decide what else. It's one of my favorite things I've written, and I hope you like it.


My happiness is not only because I have a story I'm proud of in a market I love, but because of who else is in the issue. There is an essay by Theodora Goss, whose scholarship is so erudite and elegant, and a story by Catherynne M. Valente, whose fiercely brilliant writing makes her one of my literary heroes. I'm thrilled to be sharing pages with them, and with everyone else.

4 comments:

  1. That's wonderful news, Kat! I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!

    Now... I may have to make a trip to Borderlands to see if they have it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan - if you do see it on a shelf, would you take a picture?

    ReplyDelete