Friday, October 22, 2010

Work in progress

I knew this year (and by year, I mean academic one) would be a series of transitions for me. New job, new state, new writing projects. And all of those things have been good so far. Challenges, but the kind of challenges that stretch my thinking and make my life more interesting and full. I've taken on some new projects that I hadn't even thought about three months ago, and I'm excited by all of it, and happy to be working so hard at things that I love.

Sometimes this work and these projects mean that I shift my priorities, and that's why I haven't been blogging as often as I have in the past. I have no plans to stop - I love having a place to talk about things that I'm interested in and issues that matter to me, and I particularly love the opportunity to interact with those of you who read these posts and leave comments. And the last couple of weeks were lighter than I would have liked, even for the new and improved Schedule of Kat's life (it was the confluence of having to grade 90 papers in a reasonably timely fashion, getting hideously sick, and the ongoing saga of No Heat in the House). 

This isn't an apology, because the things I am working on, well they're really cool, and I don't feel bad about spending time with them. It's just an explanation, and a reassurance I haven't forgotten you.

No comments:

Post a Comment