Thursday, November 18, 2010

Yes. This.

"Here's something else I believe: if you're going into a very dark place ... then you should take a bright light, and shine it on everything. If you don't want to see, why in God's name would you dare the dark at all?"
                          -- Stephen King, "Afterword," Full Dark, No Stars

Seriously, you know it's a good book when the Afterword alone is worth the price of admission.

And though I truly believe that we are in the End Times indeed if you need me to tell you that Stephen King can write a damn good story, I will go ahead and say that aside from having the best title I've seen in a long time, and an afterword that is like candy for a writer, Full Dark, No Stars also has four marvelously dark stories that will remind you just how good King is. They'll keep you from sleep while you're reading, and stick in your brain after you've finished.

1 comment:

  1. That is an amazing quote. Thanks for sharing. Just another reason I need to read this book. :-) ~Ali