Friday, March 11, 2011

[insert coherent excited words here]

For my level of excitement to make sense, I need to start by saying that I think Ellen Datlow is the literary equivalent of a rock star. You could fill shelves with the number of anthologies I own that she has edited (I'd take pictures, but 1. I'm convinced if I tried to put a picture up here, I'd break the internet; and 2. my shelves are not, shall we say, organized.) Most of my current favorite authors are people I found in her anthologies, especially the ones she has edited with Terri Windling. I buy everything that has her name on the cover. Rock. Star.

So you can imagine my joy at discovering that "A Life in Fictions" made it onto her full list of honorable mentions for Best Horror of the Year #3. (Here is part 1 and part 2 of the list. You should look them over  - I guarantee you will find many wonderful new things to read.)


  1. Rock on! Congrats! And I know just how you feel, "Husbandry" made the list for vol. 2.

  2. I remember that! It was the first thing I thought of after I stopped rechecking the list to see if I had hallucinated my name being on it.

  3. Yay!!!! I saw that link on Twiter, yesterday, but didn't have time to commet. So awesome -- and much deserved! :-)