Sunday, June 19, 2011

The sound of things

And lo! It is time for Revision 2.0. Or something like that. I always start out with Draft Zero, and the the combined stress of counting plus nomenclature, plus, y'know actually doing the writing short circuits my brain when it comes time to name any of the subsequent iterations.

But things are progressing very well (says the woman about to engage in the writerly equivalent of a cold reboot). I have a better working title - Flawed Magic. New characters! An actual setting!

And the fun part of revision is the reworking of the playlist. So here's what I'm writing to now:

"Cruel" - Tori Amos
"Is Your Love Strong Enough" - Bryan Ferry
"In My Veins" - Andrew Belle (feat. Erin McCarley)
"Keep the Streets Empty for Me"  - Fever Ray
"Never Fall Out" - Peter Murphy
"Cosmic Love" - Florence + the Machine
"Lily" - Kate Bush
"Ooh Child" - Beth Orton
"Paradise Circus" - Massive Attack (feat. Hope Sandoval. Gui Boratto remix)
"Set the Fire to the Third Bar" - Snow Patrol (feat. Martha Wainwright)
"Slave to Love" - Bryan Ferry
"Civilian" - Wye Oak
"Make This Go On Forever" - Snow Patrol
"Any Other World" - Mika
"The Prince and Old Lady Shade" - Peter Murphy
"Mercy Street" - Fever Ray
"My Body is a Cage" - Peter Gabriel
"Sweet Surrender" - Sarah McLachlan (Live)
"St. Teresa" - Joan Osborne
"Song to the Siren" - Bryan Ferry
"Poison & Wine"  - The Civil Wars

And yes, this is probably pretty final. All the main characters have theme songs, as does the book. And no, I'm not telling you which those are.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a lovely list. There were a few songs I didn't know. I suspect that since I like the majority of the songs, I'll like those two.

    Good luck with your writing, Kat. Even if your brain feels like mush, you CAN do this. *waves pom-poms* ~Ali