Wednesday, July 6, 2011

That was known as Camelot

If I had to pick just one story, just one great, enormous, archetypal story to submerse myself in, it would probably be that of King Arthur. Still, there are so very many versions of the King Arthur story, it seems a little disingenuous to call that "a" story. Still, story, story group, whatever you want to call it, it is my favorite.


So I was thrilled to get the chance to write about one of my best beloved bits of Arthuriana - T.H. White's The Once and Future King - for the Interstitial Arts Foundation's rolling anthology, Interfictions 0. I was even more thrilled when I saw the illustration that had been commissioned to go with the essay, a mind-blowingly gorgeous piece by M.W. Kaluta. So please go! Look! And when you're done drooling over the art, feel free to read my essay, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment