Sunday, December 11, 2011

Good night and thank you, whomever

I have been an appallingly bad blogger of late. The worst part is, when I click through my list of blogs I follow, and I have sadness because they haven't updated, and then I have guilt, because neither have I. And I have good reasons - I am writing two books, a novella, a short story, and a ballet! And tomorrow I will get 45 final papers to grade! And also, it is two weeks until Christmas! Apparently, I use exclamation points when I am full of terror!

This is the point where my head explodes and/ or I search for consolation in the egg nog. Choose your own adventure.

In the spirit of five things make a post, then...

1. I have absolutely no plan to see this movie, but the version of "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" from the Dragon Tattoo soundtrack is amazing.

2. Writing is full of preoccupations. Current ones: the poetry of T. S. Eliot, Arthuriana, bad boys, and time.

3. "The Least of the Deathly Arts" will be in the Winter '12 issue of Subterranean. I am so excited. I am also incredibly excited for "Seeräuber," by Maria Dahvana Headley, also in that issue. It rocks. You will love it. 

4. Yesterday, I met a man dressed in a Santa suit who encouraged me towards a greater understanding and appreciation of the truth in the works of H.P. Lovecraft. In other news, Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Rudolph R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

5. Goonies never say die.


  1. Goodness! Holiday season = finals seasons (esque) for Real Adults too!

  2. Wonderful quote for your title, from a rather startling show! ... don't worry too much about Christmas, there'll be another one in 12 months or so.

  3. 1. aw, man, missing my old Legend soundtrack now...

  4. L. - The Bryan Ferry version is available for download at the usual online stores, or there's a pretty marvelous youtube clip with scenes from Legend (which I now kind of want to rewatch.)

  5. I love the idea of Terror Exclamation marks. Your #2 listing is full of awesome things, and I will be re-reading some Eliot today, because of it.

    I love the title of your short story, and I'm looking forward to it.

    Also, BABY RUTH. (Goonies forever.)