Saturday, December 31, 2011

Turning years, turning pages, making wishes

I wish you joy.


I wish you people to celebrate your successes, and to hold you when you cry.


I wish that you are challenged in your convictions, and so have the chance to learn what they truly are, and to learn who you truly are as well.


I wish that you will make something - a poem, a pie, a sweater, a song - something only you can make. It won't be perfect, but I believe creation is our way of fighting entropy, and 2011 was a year of things falling apart for too many of us. Let us help the center to hold.


I wish that you feel truly understood.


I wish that you try something that scares you, something you think you aren't good enough to do, something that you have always wanted to learn, or to learn to be. Working without a net is scary, but it is how we become.


I wish that you are able to shed one of the layers of skin that you have been longing to cast off, to forgive an old wrong, to let a wound scar over.


I wish you material comforts - food, shelter, warmth, light - and I wish you the particular comforts of your own soul.


I wish you moments of transcendence, of compassion, of hope.


I wish that at the end of this coming year, when you look back, you are proud of who you are and of what you've done.


I wish you love.

8 comments:

  1. All these things, Kat -- right back at you. This is beautifully said.

    You are a bright spot, Kat, for creativity, kindness, and encouragement. For every bit of wisdom you've given this year, I thank you. For every bit of hope, I thank you for that as well.

    Sending you warm thoughts and love -- *raises coffee mug* Salute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I am a new follower (thanks to Ali). These are great wishes . . . timeless wishes . . . wishes I'm pleased to say I realized in some way, shape, or form this year.

    Wishing all the best for you as well! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!

    Wish you find shelter when you need it, and the strength to leave it in due time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kat! You put it better than I ever could. Best wishes for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. Thank you so much. And I hope that 2012 is going to be one of these 'wow' years for you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Steffi. I hope you have a 'wow' year, too, and that many good things happen for you.

    ReplyDelete