Monday, March 19, 2012


I am so very happy to announce that I have sold my tenth piece of short fiction, "Breaking the Frame," to John Joseph Adams at Lightspeed.

(He actually bought the story on Friday, and then email shenanigans ensued. In possibly related news, Eaten by Email is the name of my next band.)

This comes almost exactly three years after I made my first sale. It's still wonderfully happy-making. Even more happy-making is that this is the story (in changed and retitled form) that I workshopped with my writing group earlier this month (Thank you, The Injustice League!), and that I get to work again with an editor I deeply respect, for a magazine I love.


  1. Congratulations! What a wonderful way to end one week and start another. Looking very much forward to reading it.

  2. Bravo!

    I have only read (from your work) what you've posted here, and I've really liked it. I'd vouch for you anytime.

    A random fan.