Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Week One

I moved into my new apartment a week ago. My furniture showed up yesterday evening. (I know. I talked about this A LOT on twitter. But you guys, I missed my bed. Working on the floor plus sleeping on the floor meant a lot of bruises in weird places.)


I got work done! This is good, since, y'know, writing things is my job now. And thanks again to everyone who supported the Fireside Magazine kickstarter, because now I get to write another story this year. I am really looking forward to writing this one.


I've started unpacking. Mostly, what this means is I put the bed together, and got my desk set up, and any boxes that were immediately hindering either of those things got unpacked.


I feel remarkably settled for a woman whose hallway is lined with boxes and who has yet to find her coffeemaker, and I think that a lot of that has to do with being in the right place and doing the thing I am supposed to be doing. 

4 comments:

  1. I know those weird bruises places when moving. Good for you for getting work done, but don't know how you did it without coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't do it without coffee - thankfully, there is an excellent neighborhood deli, with fabulous coffee.

      Delete
  2. 1st rule of moving. Always put the bed back together first, and know where the nearest source of food and drink is . . . well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Good to know I'm doing this right. :)

      Delete