Friday, September 14, 2012


I am writing this so I will remember.

Today was a really good day. I heard from the people I love, and even from people I haven't met in person yet. It's nice to be reminded that some days the internet can be as warm and loving as it can also be cold and harsh. I got flowers and books and other lovely things. I'll spend about a week going to meals and drinks with friends. I took myself out for a fancy pedicure, and now I have red sparkly toes.

I felt really loved.

And happy.

I worried a lot about my age when I was younger - like, there were certain things that needed to happen by certain years, certain numbers that would be old. I didn't have that worry this year. I like my life. I am doing things that make me happy, that make me feel like I am using my talents in a good direction, that I am challenging myself. I am blessed in friends.

It was a good day.