Monday, November 17, 2014

Critique and mentoring service update

Since I received a number of inquiries last week about whether or not I was going to continue accepting clients for manuscript critique, it seemed like a good idea to go ahead and do a formal update, and then leave it here where everyone can see it.

I will remain open to new clients through the end of 2014. So if you want to work with me now is your chance. I work with short and novel-length fiction, all genres, all levels of writerly experience. Yes, that means I will even work with you on your NaNo novel. Because I am planning on cutting back, I am going to take as many clients as I can from now until the end of this year. So if you are interested or have any questions, please contact me at

However, once we hit 2015, I will be significantly cutting back on the clients that I will accept, and I may well close down completely, at least for that year. You are certainly free to get in touch, but please be aware in advance that the answer will almost certainly be "I'm sorry, I'm closed." So, as I said above, if you think you want to work with me, your best bet is to contact me now.

NB: If you are a current client, and working with me on a project that will not complete until sometime in 2015, do not worry. I will work with you on our current schedule until the project is finished. If you are not sure whether this applies to you, please contact me - I am not trying to give anyone a panic attack.

But! The very smart and talented writer, Nova Ren Suma, has recently announced that she will begin accepting clients for manuscript critique, beginning around 15 January, 2015. Nova's books are amazing - Imaginary Girls is one of my favorites, and the forthcoming The Walls Around Us is going to blow people away. She has also taught at a number of writers' workshops. Nova is mainly looking to work with YA, Middle Grade, or Adult fiction that might cross over to YA. Speculative elements are fine, but perhaps not high fantasy or hard SF. The link to her website is here, and specific details on her critique offerings will be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment