Saturday, January 16, 2016

Things I published in 2015

2015 was a difficult year for me, writing-wise, and the end of December left me feeling vaguely disappointed. So this post is as much for me - to remind myself that I did publish work that I was proud of - as it is for anyone who is looking for things to read, or for potential awards consideration.

All of my 2015 work was short stories:

"Returned" - Nightmare

"Translatio Corporis" - Uncanny

"The Universe, Sung in Stars" - Lightspeed

"A User's Guide to Increments of Time" - F&SF

"Those Are Pearls" - Guillotine Fantastique

As always, if you are considering nominating anything I wrote for an award, I respectfully request that you also consider the editor who helped me make the final product what it is, and the venue that published it.

Here is a list of some of the books I loved in 2015.

I am behind on my short fiction reading for the year, but a few pieces that have really stuck in my head are Usman Malik's novella, "The Pauper Prince and the Eucalyptus Jinn," Alyssa Wong's short story, "Hungry Daughters of Starving Mothers" and Genevieve Valentine's short story, "Given the Advantage of the Blade."